Here are a few updates about the station.
- Our student shows are going strong, and our new DJs are showing growth and progress within the last few weeks.
- IT installed new computers in the studio. The new automation system should be installed over Thanksgiving break.
- We have reached over 200 listeners in a single day on TuneIn.
- Loud Speaker Lunch Hour has been a major success so far, and we’ve had people call in for requests.
- Production and Fundraising committees have had their first meetings.
- We received our promo items!
- We set the goal for 1000 facebook likes by December 18th.
Please Like “KUGR Radio” on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @KUGRradio and Instagram @kugrcollegeradio
Have a safe break everyone and thanks for tuning in!
October has been exciting month so far for KUGR Radio! Here are a few reasons why:
- DJs started their shows on Wednesday Oct. 14th, so check out the show tab to see who is on and when.
2. We have finally received our new equipment and automation software, but we are still waiting on installation.
3. We raised $296.24 for Band of Brothers Northwest.
4. We started Loud Speaker Lunch Hour on Fridays from 12pm-1pm, where we crank up the tunes and students can hear us outside!
5. We have four members of the board going to this year’s CBI convention in Minneapolis, MN next week!
6. We were approved to giveaway tickets to concerts at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, WA.
KUGR RADIO IS BACK BABY!
General Manager Sarah Allen
Want to be an On-Air Talent? Or work behind the scenes of a radio station?
KUGR Radio is the place for you!
Get more info at our general meeting:
Tuesday September 1st, GCAD 21 @ 6pm
– DJ/On-Air Talent
– Committees: Music, Sports, Production, Promotions, Fundraising
– Assistant Directors
June 27, 2015
The Public Radio News Directors Inc. (PRNDI) Conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah handed out 130 awards, and two of them went to our very own Angela Nguyen, program director at KUGR Radio.
Angela’s submission was a story about her father’s escape from Vietnam. She earned First Place for Soft Feature in Division A and Second Place for Soft Feature in Division D.
KUGR Radio now has a podcast on ITunes! Subscribe today, and we will add our show recordings weekly starting in September 2015: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kugr-radio/id999618621?mt=2
Also, follow us on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kugr-radio
KUGR Radio submitted entries to CBI for national recognition in radio broadcasting. Nominations will be announced in the fall.
Best Sports Play-by-Play: Neil Roberts and Spencer Anderson, WSU vs. SJSU Baseball
Best Sports Play-by-Play: Matthew Zimmer
Best Regularly Scheduled Program: Angela Nguyen and Joe Raftis, Night Owls
Best Regularly Scheduled Program: Sarah Allen and Briauna Hansen, Currently Speaking
Best Station Promo: Robel Andimicael and Ermias Haile, The Late Sesh
Board members Neil Roberts, Matthew Zimmer, and Hayden Wise, along with assistants Garrett Britton and Ellen Gordon, implemented another successful Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth. The station raised over $500 and families were able to take their prints home as souvenirs!
Here are just a few of the photos we took!
KUGR Radio’s 3rd Annual Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth is just around the corner!
Join us in the CUE (Center for Undergraduate Education) atrium on Saturday April 11 from 11am-3pm to take fun photos with your mom, your family, and your friends!
4×6 photo – $5
8×11 photo – $10
There will also be KUGR laptop/tablet cases available for purchase.
Here are some photos from last year’s photo booth!
Chris Hampel visited the station today before returning to his home in California. As General Manager of KUGR 95 Rock in ’96-’97, Hampel established play-by-play broadcasting for the Sports Department and was voted Most Outstanding Staff Member in 1995. He currently works on independent films in LA.
We held our first Pong Tournament fundraiser on March 28, 2015.
8 teams competed for $25 gift cards
Winner: Team Troy and Gabriela