KUGR Radio has been pretty busy the past couple of months! Here are just a few highlights of what we’ve been working on:
- We’ve raised over $700 with our three fundraising events: Smooch-A-Pooch, our 2nd Annual Pong Tournament, and our 4th Annual Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth.
- Bought equipment to turn our “Newsroom” into a recording booth for local artists and bands to perform live!
- Gave away KUGR mix CDs for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Budget and allocation approved by ASWSU committee, and presented to S&A Fees.
Right now, we are currently in the process of reviewing DJ submissions for KUGR Awards and College Broadcasters Inc. (CBI)! We will announce the winners on Friday April 22nd!
There are only 24 days until the end of semester! Time sure does fly when you’re having fun and working hard!
Sarah Allen – General Manager
KUGR has been busy getting ready for a great spring semester! Here’s a few things we’ve been up to:
- We started a new-ish process for hiring DJs this semester, which included a new interview process! The Board of Directors had a chance to hear from DJs about their shows, and offered advice for show structure and social media promotions.
- We hired four new assistant directors: Katherine Barner, Eduardo Ramos, Spencer Anderson, and Alejandra Martinez.
- February 7th is the first day of shows!
- Fundraising committee is putting on our first “Smooch A Pooch” event on Feb. 17th!
Want to be an On-Air Talent? Or work behind the scenes of a radio station?
KUGR Radio is the place for you!
Get more info at our general meeting:
Tuesday September 1st, GCAD 21 @ 6pm
– DJ/On-Air Talent
– Committees: Music, Sports, Production, Promotions, Fundraising
– Assistant Directors
June 27, 2015
The Public Radio News Directors Inc. (PRNDI) Conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah handed out 130 awards, and two of them went to our very own Angela Nguyen, program director at KUGR Radio.
Angela’s submission was a story about her father’s escape from Vietnam. She earned First Place for Soft Feature in Division A and Second Place for Soft Feature in Division D.
KUGR Radio now has a podcast on ITunes! Subscribe today, and we will add our show recordings weekly starting in September 2015: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kugr-radio/id999618621?mt=2
Also, follow us on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kugr-radio
KUGR Radio submitted entries to CBI for national recognition in radio broadcasting. Nominations will be announced in the fall.
Best Sports Play-by-Play: Neil Roberts and Spencer Anderson, WSU vs. SJSU Baseball
Best Sports Play-by-Play: Matthew Zimmer
Best Regularly Scheduled Program: Angela Nguyen and Joe Raftis, Night Owls
Best Regularly Scheduled Program: Sarah Allen and Briauna Hansen, Currently Speaking
Best Station Promo: Robel Andimicael and Ermias Haile, The Late Sesh
Board members Neil Roberts, Matthew Zimmer, and Hayden Wise, along with assistants Garrett Britton and Ellen Gordon, implemented another successful Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth. The station raised over $500 and families were able to take their prints home as souvenirs!
Here are just a few of the photos we took!
KUGR Radio’s 3rd Annual Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth is just around the corner!
Join us in the CUE (Center for Undergraduate Education) atrium on Saturday April 11 from 11am-3pm to take fun photos with your mom, your family, and your friends!
4×6 photo – $5
8×11 photo – $10
There will also be KUGR laptop/tablet cases available for purchase.
Here are some photos from last year’s photo booth!
Chris Hampel visited the station today before returning to his home in California. As General Manager of KUGR 95 Rock in ’96-’97, Hampel established play-by-play broadcasting for the Sports Department and was voted Most Outstanding Staff Member in 1995. He currently works on independent films in LA.
We held our first Pong Tournament fundraiser on March 28, 2015.
8 teams competed for $25 gift cards
Winner: Team Troy and Gabriela