Committees are a great way to get involved with KUGR if hosting a show isn’t your thing! We love working with students of all majors.
The whole Committee Meets on
Monday from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Meeting Date and Time
- Gatekeeper to KUGR.
- The general manager is responsible for everything.
- All decisions affecting the station should first be run by the GM.
- General Manager helps KUGR be on top of its game, never forgetting to renew anything.
- The GM reports all station activities directly to advisor Kanale Rhoden.
- The GM is the guardian to the station and makes sure nobody neglects their opportunity to be involved with KUGR.
Doesn’t meet up
- Manages KUGR budget and S&A funds.
- Any financial decisions must be passed by the board of directors.
- Works closely with General Manager to find and purchase replacement items and renew software and memberships.
- If the operations wants to make a purchase, they will send it to the General Manager, and the General Manager will present it to the Board of Directors and they will vote.
- Once voted on, the Operations will submit a purchase order request.
Doesn’t meet up
Works closely with the general manager to make sure dj’s have the
resources they need to succeed. The first contact for conflict resolution.
Thursday 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Events / Fundraising
- In charge of rockapalouza and any other events such as mom’s weekend
- Directly works with marketing to come up with new fundraising ideas.
- Responsible for working with music director to find bands and venues for events.
Mondays 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Program / Music
- Programs is the first contact for all DJs.
- Responsible for making sure DJ’s and staff are trained.
- In addition, they are responsible for setting up interviews with the new applicant
- Work with the general manager to create an on-air schedule.
- They will oversee air-staff meetings.
- If necessary, programmers may fire on-air staff.
- Firings must be run by Board of Directors first.
- You work with the music director to build the radio clocks in the automation every week.
Wednesday 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Coordinates the staff which includes graphics, social media content.
- Marketing should always make sure social media sites are active.
- An active social media site requires three posts per day.
- Not meeting this requirement shows an inactive site.
- In addition, the marketing director oversees all tabling operations and scheduling staff to the table.
- They are in charge of any promotional events such as ticket giveaways and fundraising.
- In charge of creating fliers/poster, logos, schedules of the on-air DJ’s
- DJ’s go-to graphics request for a poster
- Responsible for keeping it updated with
current pictures, content, and shows.
- Must be skilled in WordPress.
Sunday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Are in charge of creating audio liners and samples to play in music breaks and creating introductions for the DJs to play for their shows.
- Productions should have a hand in clocking the automation every week, but at least should have knowledge of the automation.
- Productions is in charge of finding and achieving underwriting.
Tuesdays 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Facilitates media access for sports team members.
- The final decision maker with sports.
- Communicates with the athletic communication office and other media organizations to ensure KUGR has access to current and future opportunities.
- Relays all information to the general manager.
Doesn’t meet up