KUGR Radio has been pretty busy the past couple of months! Here are just a few highlights of what we’ve been working on:
- We’ve raised over $700 with our three fundraising events: Smooch-A-Pooch, our 2nd Annual Pong Tournament, and our 4th Annual Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth.
- Bought equipment to turn our “Newsroom” into a recording booth for local artists and bands to perform live!
- Gave away KUGR mix CDs for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Budget and allocation approved by ASWSU committee, and presented to S&A Fees.
Right now, we are currently in the process of reviewing DJ submissions for KUGR Awards and College Broadcasters Inc. (CBI)! We will announce the winners on Friday April 22nd!
There are only 24 days until the end of semester! Time sure does fly when you’re having fun and working hard!
Sarah Allen – General Manager
KUGR has been busy getting ready for a great spring semester! Here’s a few things we’ve been up to:
- We started a new-ish process for hiring DJs this semester, which included a new interview process! The Board of Directors had a chance to hear from DJs about their shows, and offered advice for show structure and social media promotions.
- We hired four new assistant directors: Katherine Barner, Eduardo Ramos, Spencer Anderson, and Alejandra Martinez.
- February 7th is the first day of shows!
- Fundraising committee is putting on our first “Smooch A Pooch” event on Feb. 17th!
This is the last week of mandatory student shows, so please support our DJs and listen in!
– Sarah Allen, GM
Here are a few updates about the station.
- Our student shows are going strong, and our new DJs are showing growth and progress within the last few weeks.
- IT installed new computers in the studio. The new automation system should be installed over Thanksgiving break.
- We have reached over 200 listeners in a single day on TuneIn.
- Loud Speaker Lunch Hour has been a major success so far, and we’ve had people call in for requests.
- Production and Fundraising committees have had their first meetings.
- We received our promo items!
- We set the goal for 1000 facebook likes by December 18th.
Please Like “KUGR Radio” on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @KUGRradio and Instagram @kugrcollegeradio
Have a safe break everyone and thanks for tuning in!
October has been exciting month so far for KUGR Radio! Here are a few reasons why:
- DJs started their shows on Wednesday Oct. 14th, so check out the show tab to see who is on and when.
2. We have finally received our new equipment and automation software, but we are still waiting on installation.
3. We raised $296.24 for Band of Brothers Northwest.
4. We started Loud Speaker Lunch Hour on Fridays from 12pm-1pm, where we crank up the tunes and students can hear us outside!
5. We have four members of the board going to this year’s CBI convention in Minneapolis, MN next week!
6. We were approved to giveaway tickets to concerts at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, WA.
KUGR RADIO IS BACK BABY!
General Manager Sarah Allen
Want to be an On-Air Talent? Or work behind the scenes of a radio station?
KUGR Radio is the place for you!
Get more info at our general meeting:
Tuesday September 1st, GCAD 21 @ 6pm
– DJ/On-Air Talent
– Committees: Music, Sports, Production, Promotions, Fundraising
– Assistant Directors
June 27, 2015
The Public Radio News Directors Inc. (PRNDI) Conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah handed out 130 awards, and two of them went to our very own Angela Nguyen, program director at KUGR Radio.
Angela’s submission was a story about her father’s escape from Vietnam. She earned First Place for Soft Feature in Division A and Second Place for Soft Feature in Division D.
KUGR Radio now has a podcast on ITunes! Subscribe today, and we will add our show recordings weekly starting in September 2015: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kugr-radio/id999618621?mt=2
Also, follow us on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kugr-radio
KUGR Radio submitted entries to CBI for national recognition in radio broadcasting. Nominations will be announced in the fall.
Best Sports Play-by-Play: Neil Roberts and Spencer Anderson, WSU vs. SJSU Baseball
Best Sports Play-by-Play: Matthew Zimmer
Best Regularly Scheduled Program: Angela Nguyen and Joe Raftis, Night Owls
Best Regularly Scheduled Program: Sarah Allen and Briauna Hansen, Currently Speaking
Best Station Promo: Robel Andimicael and Ermias Haile, The Late Sesh
Board members Neil Roberts, Matthew Zimmer, and Hayden Wise, along with assistants Garrett Britton and Ellen Gordon, implemented another successful Mom’s Weekend Photo Booth. The station raised over $500 and families were able to take their prints home as souvenirs!
Here are just a few of the photos we took!